Dec. 5 2018
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and that means buying, receiving, and wrapping meaningful gifts that help spread the magic and delight that the holidays bring (that, and the endless amount of gingerbread cookies and peppermint hot chocolate available on every corner). For today’s gift guide, we’ve curated a selection of deliciously cosmic items that give off all types of dreamy celestial vibes.
- Away Solstice Collection: “The Carry-On” in Halo ($225) We’ve all heard of Away by now, the startup transforming luggage–and making traveling a lot less of a hassle. This carry-on comes with four wheels, making it a breeze to push through a crowded airport (with your bag on top, of course, to save you that inevitable shoulder pain). This limited-edition shade is called Halo, and is named for its radiant white, pearlescent finish. Gift this to yourself for getting through this hectic year in one piece, or give it to that loved one who is always on-the-go (we’d gift it to a significant other who travels for work, and we’d imagine college students would be especially grateful).
- Baublebar Large Mariette Fringe Drop Earrings ($38) These dramatic earrings light up any outfit–and are perfect for many holiday parties to come. Gift to that friend who changes jewelry with every outfit, and we bet she gasps when she opens the box.
- Mazz Hanna “Get Stoned” Crystal Starter Kit ($80) For the friend who’s been talking your ear off about wanting to dab into crystals, this is the starter kit of their dreams. It comes with 10 favorites, each with their own properties and unique beauty. The person on your gift list who regularly meditates is also sure to appreciate this stunning gift.
- Loeffler Randall Mina Beaded Tote: Silver ($275) The dreamiest bag in the galaxy. Covered in sparkle, this is a show-stopping piece that will look fantastic with jeans, a party dress, or a sweater-weather ensemble. Gift to the fashion queen in your life, and if that’s you, we won’t judge.
- Loquet London Large Locket with Charms (Price depending on charms) This is the piece of cosmic fine jewelry that will be an heirloom for generations to come–a modern-day locket that holds meaningful, gold or diamond-crusted charms that you can always carry close to your heart. The item is fully customizable, making it a dream-level gift for all of the kids to split for mom, or for yourself–and might be why celebrities like Gigi Hadid, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Sandra Bullock can’t get enough. If you’re looking to get a loved one something very special, it truly doesn’t get more stunning–or personal–than this. Bonus: Newsette readers get 10% off with special reader code Newsette+10a until December 26.
- Glaace Amethyst Bottle ($84) This water bottle is gorgeous–and it owes it all to the giant crystal inside. A dreamy gift for that loved one who drinks water like they’re about to take a trip into the desert, or goes to the gym an admirable amount of times per week They’ll use it daily.
- Stephanie Gottlieb Pave Star Huggies ($565) For the shooting star in your life, these luxurious earrings hug the ear perfectly, resulting in a stunning look. They’re comprised of the star stuff (and diamonds) that dreams are made of.
- Christian Louboutin Nappa Mica Silver Flats ($695) These dreamy Mary Janes are the ultimate work shoe–elegant, yet adding the perfect amount of sparkle to an outfit. If you’re killing it at work, treat yourself. Or, if you’re feeling generous, treat the hard-working loved one in your life to these pair of work-appropriate red-bottoms.
- Matiko Lucinda Block Heel Booties ($176) Stylish booties for the woman who shines. These look fantastic with boots and a sweater–your fashionable friend or relative is sure to thank you more than once for this celestial pair.
- Zoe Chicco Itty Bitty Stars Bracelet ($325) This delicate star bracelet is perfect for that someone who believes simplicity is key. Stunning, luxurious, and elegant, it goes with any outfit–from the simplest, to the most formal.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty: See-quins Glam Glitter Eyeshadow ($28) By now, we know that Marc Jacobs makes some of the highest-quality makeup around–so we should be snatching up their limited-edition glitter eyeshadow by the handfuls. For a work wife who always has Monday stories about a jam-packed weekend, or a relative who is always refreshingly daring with their makeup–or for you, for that holiday party.
- Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold Palette ($58) Based on the constantly sold-out Bar of Gold product, this palette brings summer glow to a freezing winter. Any fan of beauty will be thrilled to receive such a beloved item–and we just shamelessly added to cart for ourselves.
- Charlotte Tilbury Colour-Coded Eye Shadows in Glamour Muse ($39) Charlotte Tilbury continues to deliver show-stopping makeup magic. These eye shadows are refreshingly unique, and can be mixed together to create a gem-colored smokey eye. Gift to the woman in your life who always looks like her makeup has been done by a professional.
- Areaware Liquid Body Flask: Silver ($60) A flask that looks like the mix of a choppy ocean and a steam of moonlight.
- Herbivore Moon Fruit Superfruit Night Treatment ($58) This is the mask you get your cousin, sister, or close friend–the multitasking, antioxidant-rich, superfruit night treatment is other-worldly. And, it also happens to be a cosmic purple. We’ll take two.
- EOS Organic Limited Edition Holiday Collection: First Snow ($3.29) This whimsical lip moisturizer combats drying effects from the currently cold weather–and, with its silver, limited-edition shade, it makes the perfect holiday treat to distribute at work, or as stocking stuffers for the whole fam. Buy in bulk–their lips will thank you.
- Zoya Lorna Nail Polish – PixieDust ($10) Another great gift for a co-worker who always has their nails done, or as a stocking stuffer for the fierce females in your life. Bonus: it’s now on sale.
- Vintner’s Daughter Active Botanical Serum ($185) This is the serum with the cult-following–the one that has been mentioned in too many Morning and Nightly Routines, as well as What’s in Her Bags, than we can count. Celebrities, bloggers, and influencers everywhere swear by the magic of this product–and so do we. It’s the holidays, treat yourself and see what all the buzz is about (you won’t be disappointed).
Tune in tomorrow (and the next day…and the next day… to see our other themes!)
- Creative Direction: Anna Sudit
- Photography: Rockie Nolan
- Prop Styling: Katrina Rozeville
- Writing: Daniella Pierson & Alex Aster
- Digital Editor: Molly West
- Editorial Assistance: Allie Brazo