Dec. 6 2018
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and that means buying, receiving, and wrapping meaningful gifts that help spread the magic and delight that the holidays bring (that, and the endless amount of gingerbread cookies and peppermint hot chocolate available on every corner). For today’s gift guide, we’ve curated a collection of nighttime items perfect for the social butterfly, nightly-routine lover, or city dweller.
- Emma Low Rise Skinny ($209). The Emma by DL1961 is a sculpting jean that has just the perfect amount of stud embellishments along the front to spice up an outfit. The fashionista on your list will swoon over this pair–and you’ll get to share that beyond being stylish, these jeans are mindfully made, crafted from premium cotton, and include botanic fibers. On second thought, write a note on the gift box that says “We’re twins!” and buy yourself a pair as well. Flattering jeans never go out of style. Shop them here.
- MAKE Moonlight Primer ($55) Perfect for the family member that lives in a big city, this primer protects skin from the damaging effects of pollution, and HEVs emitted by electronic devices. It also happens to be hypoallergenic, and free from parabens.
- L’Agence Perfecto Studded Leather Jacket ($1,595) We’ve found the perfect leather jacket–the staple piece that will add a bite of edginess to any ensemble. Wear with a dress, skirt, or a classic pair of jeans. An investment piece you (or a loved one) will own for years to come, it’s worth the splurge.
- Tory Burch Preston Chelsea Stud Booties (Originally $478 but on sale for $320.26) We all have those go-to fall/winter booties, the ones that elevate any outfit (literally). These are gorgeously designed, with simple detailing, and slimming fabric along the ankle for both comfort and style. Bonus: The rubber soles ensure the booties can be worn even in inclement weather. Gift to a girl who will wear them almost every day–even if it’s you.
- The Harmonist Sacred Water Eau De Parfum ($225) This captivating and mystical perfume looks like a work of art, and features notes of peppermint, seaweed, cedar, and grey amber. Given the brand’s basis in the five pillars of feng shui, this would make a fantastic gift for the wellness guru in your life.
- Nars Audacious Lipstick in Scarlet ($34) It’s hard to go wrong with lipstick, and this shade is tailor-made for the risk-taking beauty lover on your list. The deep red shade is not only festive, but also has dramatic depth. It could also make a fantastic stocking stuffer.
- Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Balancing Facial Oil ($72) If you’ve been to a Sephora lately, you’ve likely spotted this stunning, gem-colored potion, made of 100% natural and pure plant oils. The vegan, cruelty-free, noncomedogenic product works for all skin types, and battles acne, redness, and enlarged pores. The clean-beauty lover in your circle will thank you.
- Zoya Sansa Nail Polish ($8.50) The polish that mixes deep eggplant with a gold metallic sparkle, to add a festive touch. We’d buy this shade, along with a couple more, and gift them to our closest pals, with a note re-naming the color to something specific to them.
- BaubleBar Gem Rianne Drop Earrings in Navy ($42) These are the only accessory needed for a night out on the town. Gift to a friend or sisterly figure in your life who would sport them every weekend.
- Areaware Liquid Body Flask (Black) ($60) This stainless steel flask is crafted in a unique wavy shape reminiscent of the nighttime sky.
- EOS Organic Limited Edition Holiday Collection: Sugarplum ($3.29) You saw EOS featured in yesterday’s guide, here’s another lip balm, this time in sugarplum. Buy a half dozen, and distribute them to your family and friends–they’ll be immensely grateful for avoiding cracked lips this winter, and you’ll feel like Santa. Win-win, in our opinion.
- Marc Jacobs See-quins Glam Glitter Eyeshadow in Glam Noir 84 ($28) This glimmering eyeshadow crafts the perfect holiday-worthy smokey eye. Gift to the loved one who somehow learned to do a cat eye as well as Ariana Grande. She’ll know exactly what to do with it.