Jul. 23 2019
We all know the feeling of sitting at our desks in the afternoon, hoping that third cup of office coffee will satisfy our craving for a snack… or at least help us forget about our coworker’s birthday cake in the kitchen. In fact, one of our favorite snacks, Pretzel Crisps, recently uncovered that 2:37 P.M. is peak snack time. Instead of caving for the cake or making a pricey, spontaneous Postmates order (the modern-day equivalent to going grocery shopping while starving), try planning your snacks ahead of time for a nice pick-me-up in the middle of a hectic workday. In partnership with Pretzel Crisps (full disclosure: a Newsette HQ snacking staple), we’re sharing our best office snack inspiration to get you started. Crave on.
- For something sweet and salty… The best combination our taste buds can envision is easy to make at home before that 9 A.M. meeting. Just pair Original Pretzel Crisps (the pretzel’s crispy and flavor-packed cousin) with almond butter, then finish off with either a slice of banana or strawberry—and a chocolate chip or two (or twelve). This tasty combo will keep you full until dinner, and takes less than 5 minutes to make (great for those of us who wake up 15 minutes before we need to be out the door).
- For something sweet… Have a sweet tooth? We have 32. That’s why our newest discovery at Trader Joe’s—a Saturn Peach—is our new go-to. It’s shaped like a tomato (and even looks Newsette pink on the inside) but tastes like an ultra-sweet treat. Eat like an apple or cut into small pieces and enjoy with a fork (because no one wants a sticky keyboard).
- For something salty... Attention salty snackers—we have some options to satisfy your craving. Our faves include salted pumpkin or sunflower seeds, edamame (which you can buy frozen and heat up in the office microwave) – and of course, a delicious bag of Pretzel Crisps which you can pair with fan-favorites like hummus, cheese, or even a spoonful of chicken salad.
- For something delicious… Buckle your snacking seatbelt. Pretzel Crisps recently announced its Drizzlers line, made with the delectable flavors of rich dark and milk chocolate and smooth caramel for just the right amount of sweet indulgence.
- For something gluten-free… You don’t have to give up taste to snack gluten-free… and trail mix isn’t just for six-year-olds. Just grab a bag of Gluten Free Original Minis Pretzel Crisps and throw in your favorite seeds, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, and granola for a crunchy palate pleaser. It’s like a party in your mouth, bringing together different textures in one GF handful. Plus, you can mix it the night before (score).
- For something chewy… If you’re the kind of person who likes to chew your snacks to savor them, then dried fruit is your new best friend. Pack a bag of dried dates, apricots, or even mango (#tropical) and upgrade email time to vacation time (or at least make getting to inbox zero a little less painful).