Oct. 10 2018
Fall is by far my favorite flavor. Yes, I said flavor, and not season–because autumn has a smell to it, and, more importantly, a taste. Cinnamon, nutmeg, caramel, apple, pumpkin, and honey are just a few of the tastes that define the time of year when the leaves turn the colors of flames, and we finally make use of our noisy and unreliable apartment heaters. To celebrate the ghoulish magic of October, we’ve compiled a list of five drink recipes perfect for fall. Find them below, and try them this weekend.
Carmel Apple Sangria
- 25 oz Bottle caramel vodka
- 1-quart fresh apple cider
- 2-25 oz bottles Le Grand Courtâge Blanc de Blancs Brut
- 5-6 Cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 Sliced apples
Combine vodka, apple cider, and cinnamon sticks in a drink dispenser and let sit for 30 minutes. Add ice and apples. To serve, pour into glasses and top with chilled Le Grand Courtâge Blanc de Blancs Brut.
Blueberry Basil Rosé Smash
- 4 oz Très Chic Rosé or gin
- 1 oz Coconut water
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup or 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup blueberries, muddled
- 4 muddled basil leaves
- Garnish: blueberries and basil leaves
Add Très Chic Rosé, gin, blueberries, coconut water, lemon juice and simple syrup to a shaker. Muddle the blueberries. Add the basil leaves and muddle gently. Add ice and shake. Double strain into a glass with ice. Garnish with blueberries and basil leaves.
- 1 oz cold Brew Coffee
- 3/4 oz Fernet Branca
- 3/4 oz vanilla syrup
- 1/2 oz Tempus Fugit Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz Gragnano Vino (Sparking Red Vino, similar to a traditional Lambrusco)
Combine all ingredients (except the wine) in a rocks glass. Fill with a large 2″ ice cube, stir to chill. Then float the bubbly gragnano wine over the top (courtesy of DiAnoia’s Eatery).
Thyme Rose Smash
- 6 fresh figs, diced or 1 tbsp fig preserves
- 1 small, ripe red plum, diced
- 2 oz elderflower liquor
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-4 tbsp honey, depending on your taste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- Le Grand Courtâge Brut Rosé, for topping
Add the figs, plums, elderflower liquor, lemon juice, honey, and thyme to a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, gently push the figs down until they release their juices and are lightly smashed. Add ice. Place the top on the shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into 2-3 glasses. Top each glass with Brut Rosé. Garnish with figs and fresh thyme.
Brandy You’re a Fine Girl
- 1/2 oz egg white
- 3/4 oz cinnamon syrup
- 3/3 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz Carpano Antica
- 1 1/2 oz pear brandy
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake. Pour into a glass and enjoy (courtesy of Nicky’s Coal Fired).