May. 29 2019
You may know Liz Moody from her time as the food director of wellness website mindbodygreen, on Instagram where she shares delicious favorites like healthy Salted Cookie Dough Banana bread, or maybe you’ve caught an episode of her podcast, Healthier Together, where she interviews extraordinary people about the secrets to their amazing lives. Most recently, the writer and healthy food chef released her newest cookbook, also called Healthier Together, which is already a best-seller. The book features gut-healing, inflammation-fighting, hormone-balancing recipes for two, to nourish relationships—whether it’s between friends, romantic partners, or family members—and bodies at the same time.
In this exclusive feature, we’ll be sharing four recipes from the book, all of which can be made in 15 minutes or less. According to Liz, this is key to her philosophy: “I want anyone, no matter where they live, how busy they are, or what ingredients they have access to, to be able to make healthy, crave-worthy recipes!”
Last week, we shared a Persian-Spiced Herb & Walnut Omelette that’s equally good for breakfast and dinner. If you’re feeling more snacky, this Cheesy Turmeric Rosemary Popcorn relies on nutritional yeast for its cheesy flavor, which also fills it with B-vitamins and protein (yes, protein!). The rosemary adds a subtle woody note, while the ghee provides that addictive buttery flavor, while keeping it lactose-free. Turmeric lends a golden glow, while offering inflammation-fighting curcumin that’s key for overall body health (and glowing skin!). Intrigued? Here’s how to make it.
Cheesy Turmeric Rosemary Popcorn
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- ¼ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add 3 kernels of popcorn. Once they’ve popped, add the remaining popcorn, stir gently to coat, cover, and remove the pot from the heat.
- Count to 30, then return the pot to medium-low heat. Listen to the popcorn pop, shaking the pot gently a few times, until the popping slows down to 1 pop every few seconds. Remove the pot from the heat and immediately transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
- Wipe out the pot and return it the stove over low heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee and the rosemary, and cook over low heat for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for 3 more minutes to infuse the ghee with rosemary flavor, then pour it over the popcorn and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, and pepper over the popcorn and toss again to coat. Serve immediately.