Jan. 10 2019
Maud Barrionuevo is the buying director at 24 Sèvres, the online shopping experience offering a curated selection of over 200 luxury and contemporary brands, such as Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Celine, Chloé, and Valentino. The site is an extension of legendary Parisian retailer Le Bon Marché, and is owned by LVMH, which also owns some other brands you might be familiar with, such as Sephora, Givenchy, Rimowa, Benefit Cosmetics, and much more. Talk about a portfolio. Maud has a hugely coveted position at the platform, as Head of Buying–a role she moved into after several years as a Senior Buyer and Product Manager within Le Bon Marché/LVMH. Wondering what this impressive boss packs with her when she’s on-the-go? She lists all of her must-haves below.
How often do you travel? Are these trips mostly domestic or international? I’m on-the-go most weeks, mostly back and forth to Milan and London. I regularly attend Fashion Week and market in NY and try to get to Asia when I can.
What type/brand of bag do you use as your carry-on? What do you like about the bag ? I am a big fan of Rimowa luggage – it’s durable and practical, on top of being stylish. I just treated myself to the clear cabin-sized suitcase from their collaboration with Off-White. I love the concept!
- Celine Medium Tote. I always pack my essentials into a big canvas tote bag when I travel. It’s also the perfect thing to throw last-minute gifts I pick up en route in.
- An XXL Acne scarf is the best barrier against AC in airports and hotels, and I use it as my personal blanket on planes.
- A Maison Ullens travel hoodie (isn’t that just the best concept?) to snuggle into on long journeys without compromising on style.
- Embryolisse’s ultra moisturizing cream is always with me, especially on flights where the air is very dry. I use it on hands, face and even a tiny bit on the ends of my hair to stay hydrated.
- Tata Harper lip and cheek tint. When traveling, especially during Fashion Month, I always bump into brand partners or industry friends, and I try to avoid looking like I’ve just stepped out of bed, including on red-eye flights. The Tata Harper lip and cheek tint is perfect to give my face a touch of color whilst also being hydrating. As it’s not a liquid, there’s also no issues with carrying it onto the plane.
- Valmont Masque Eye Mask. On overnight flights, I apply under-eye patches under my eye mask to retain moisture while I sleep.
- Comfortable sneakers. Being comfortable when I travel is key, but no need to sacrifice style when the options in the sneaker space are so endless. I’ve just purchased our exclusive Roger Vivier Viv’ Run style, which I love.
- Aesop Jet Set Kit. I’ve always liked Aesop’s products, and I love that they offer all their essentials in travel-friendly sizes. The Jet Set kit could not carry its name any better!