Feb. 21 2019
Just because the weather outside is frightful, doesn’t mean your nights can’t be delightful. Now that the cold weather is upon us, there’s simply nothing better than cozying up with a good TV show. To help you get the most out of your precious TV-time, here’s a rundown of our 8 favorite binge-worthy choices you must delve into this winter.
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse (FX). A blend of possibly the best AHS seasons, “Apocalypse” brings together characters from “Murder House” and the New Orleans witches from “Coven.” Our favorites Jessica Lange, Emma Roberts, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Kathy Bates all star in this season, continuing the dark, thrilling and wonderfully obscure themes of the hit show. Haven’t watched any of the other seasons yet? No worries, each is very different, so though you might not understand the meaning of some repeat locations, you won’t be lost diving into this deliciously creepy show.
- Forever (Amazon Video). Starring Maya Rudolph of Bridesmaids, Forever tells the story of married couple June and Oscar. June becomes bored with the mundane nature of married life and after a fatal attempt to spice things up on a ski trip, everything changes, setting them on an existential journey that goes way beyond what they could have imagined. A funny, poignant and easy to watch show that focuses on what truly makes a fulfilling and happy relationship.
- The Sinner 2 (On Demand). The highly anticipated second season definitely doesn’t disappoint and is a must-watch this winter. Detective Harry Ambrose returns to his hometown to investigate the double murder of a couple, committed by Julian, their 11-year-old son. It soon becomes evident that the town is full of fast-to-unravel dark secrets, which makes this season even more addictive than the first (in our opinion)!
- Gilmore Girls (Netflix). A classic show that’s perfect if you’re looking for something light and comforting over a chilly weekend, Gilmore Girls tells the story of single mother Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter Rory. The episodes beautifully cover the topics of romantic and family relationships, friendship, social class and it’s a show that can easily be re-visited over and over if you’re craving some old school nostalgia.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Video). If you’re after something light-hearted yet addictive, our Midge Maisel is back for a second season and is continuing her mission of becoming the funniest female comedian on the Upper West Side! The series follows Midge, a 1958 New York housewife who is left by her aspiring stand-up comic husband, which then prompts her to start performing herself – only to find she’s an absolute hit without even really trying. The second season sees Midge struggle to juggle her roles as mother, working woman and comedian.
- Dirty John (Bravo). Based on the popular true-crime podcast, Dirty John tells the story of the charismatic, wealthy and handsome doctor John who seduces single-mom Debra and manages to turn her world upside-down in the worst possible way. The show sees Debra desperately trying to escape from John’s psychopathic and sociopathic tendencies and is possibly one of the best dramas out there this winter.
- Sex in the City (HBO). We don’t think this show really needs too much explaining! Will we ever tire of re-watching the turbulent, amusing and relatable love lives of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda? We don’t think so!
- Peaky Blinders (Netflix). Cillian Murphy stars as some serious eye candy in this gang crime series set in 1919 Birmingham, England. It follows a youth gang, headed up by Tommy Shelby, that sews razor blades in the peaks of their caps. The show features sharp suits, Brummie accents, incredible performances and is full of non-stop action.