Aug. 7 2019
Nancy Twine is the Founder and CEO of Briogeo, a clean hair care brand that is known for offering “hair care for all”. After leaving her career on Wall Street in 2014, Nancy started her business and became one of the youngest people to ever launch a product line at Sephora. She is now living out her dream of running her own hair care line, sold around the world. This entrepreneur’s days are packed with back-to-back meetings covering everything from developing the next product to marketing strategy. We asked Nancy how she fits self-care into such a busy schedule. She shares her secrets below.
Bad habits you’ve cut from your routine?
- Not scheduling time for myself.
- Staying up too late.
- Saying “yes” to everything.
Good habits you’ve added?
- Right now I’m trying to drink a gallon of water a day. I’ll admit, some days it’s much easier than others! I find that if I switch off between drinking unsweetened green tea and lemon water throughout the day I can hit my gallon goal.
- Having busy days in back-to-back meetings means I can easily spend all day sitting. To make sure I move, I schedule time in my day to take a 10 minute walks around the block. This not only gets me moving but lets me have a few minutes of “me-time” during the workday.
- Adding dedicated self-care time to my routine has made a big difference in my overall daily energy! Sometimes it’s a morning workout or meditation and other times its a post-work manicure or stretching session!
How do you take care of yourself throughout the day?
I find that having my mornings to myself really gets my day off on the right foot. I like to start with either a workout or meditation at home and then I take the time each morning to make a green smoothie. When I make my smoothie I have fun playing with different fresh ingredients and superfood powders–it gets my creative juices flowing!
Are there any activities you do to de-stress?
Yes! I love de-stressing and relaxing, who doesn’t? I’ve found some great places that I rotate into my schedule. Some of my favorite things to do are facial massages, acupuncture, getting stretched (yes, you can get this done!), and manicures & pedicures to name a few!
How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I try my best to get 8 hours of sleep a night but it usually is closer to 6 or 7 hours. Being a business owner, I’m usually going to an event or dinner after work that gets out pretty late. I would love to get better at reducing my time on my phone and laptop.
Do you have a favorite wellness trend?
Lymphatic drainage massage is an up-and-coming wellness trend that I am loving! I currently get facial Lymphatic drainage massages that help remove toxins and excess water from my face. After the massage not only am I relaxed but my skin is glowing! I still have yet to get the full body massage but I am dying to try it!
What is your favorite healthy food?
There are so many amazing health foods out there now! My longtime favorite health food would have to be kale. I love kale because it is one of the most nutrient dense foods & loaded with antioxidants! I love adding it to my morning smoothie, eating it in salads for lunch, and sautéing with garlic to add to my dinner. I believe in the power of kale so much that I even created a conditioner–Kale + Apple Replenishing Superfood Conditioner–using kale as a main ingredient!