Oct. 9 2019
Becca Tilley is a television personality, podcast host, and influencer you might recognize from The Bachelor. A Louisiana native, Becca is known for sharing beauty and fashion tips with her over 1 million followers on Instagram alone. She also now hosts her very own iHeart Podcast, Scrubbing in with Becca Tilley and Tanya Rad, where she covers everything from her personal life to her love of Grey’s Anatomy, and anything that falls in-between. It already has a cult following, and recently won the People’s Choice Award for best Pop Podcast. With many roles to tackle on a daily basis, Becca has made a point to make self-care a priority. She shares her best relaxation and positivity tips with us below.
Bad habits you’ve cut from your routine?
- I’m really trying to cut out any negative speaking–whether it’s about others or about myself.
- Skipping breakfast–I’ve been trying to eat breakfast every morning. I sometimes feel like it’s okay to miss it if I’m in a rush, but even if I just eat a bar on my way out the door it’s better than nothing!
- Being in the sun without sunscreen–I’ve been obsessive about making sure I have sunscreen on my face every day! I hope my esthetician Shani Darden reads this and is proud!
Good habits you’ve added?
- I’ve been drinking more water!
- Making healthier snack choices.
- Better sleep schedule.
How do you keep yourself balanced throughout the day?
I normally try my best to get outside and take a walk if I feel overwhelmed by anything going on in my life. I will listen to music or play with my dog if I need to calm down and ground myself!
Are there any activities you do to de-stress?
My dog Phoebe is my ultimate de-stresser. We will go on walks or just relax on the couch and watch a TV show to relax.
How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I try to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep. I LOVE sleep and I definitely notice when I don’t get enough of it. My mood and energy levels are so off when I don’t give my body enough rest!
Do you have a favorite wellness trend?
I’m not really one to jump on trends because I normally don’t stick with it and then I feel like I failed, ha! I like to just try and balance everything in my life–diet, exercise, work- that’s what it’s all about!
What is your favorite healthy food? How do you incorporate it into your diet?
To be honest, learning to love healthy food has been a journey for me. I love junk food so incorporating anything healthy into my diet is a win! I do love fruits and veggies, so I try to get those in as much as possible. I’m 30-years-old still trying to encourage myself to eat healthy. Some things never change!