Aug. 6 2018
Jacqueline Schaffer M.D is a Board-Certified Medical Doctor, as well as a health and wellness expert. As if being a top doctor wasn’t enough, she’s also the best-selling author of Irresistible You—a smart solutions guide to healthier skin—and founder of Schique Skincare, her own line of natural products. Determined to heal all types of derma, through Schique, Dr. Schaffer combines the wisdom of nature and scientific research to develop luxurious skincare staples with clinically proven results. And, in addition to all of her other roles, Jacqueline has also managed to gain an impressive social following—as well as a long list of celebrity fans. Wondering how this true multi-hyphenate starts her day? Read it all below.
6:30 A.M. I usually wake up around this time. The first thing I always do in the morning is make my apple cider vinegar water and take my health supplements from a multi-vitamin, B-complex, Fish Oil, Collagen supplements, and DHEA.
7:30 A.M. I’m on brushing my teeth with Tom’s toothpaste with my electric toothbrush from Oral B. After I brush my teeth I move to cleansing my face with Schique Skincare‘s morning routine.
- Step 1: Cleanse my face with the Pure Clarity Daily Cleanser. It’s important to start with the right cleanser for your skin type. Cleansers like Pure Clarity lift dirt, grime, excess oil and makeup from your pores and allows water to rinse away leaving your skin clean and moisturized!
- Step 2: I apply the Brilliantly Firm Serum, which firms my skin and adds luminosity. Serum is every girl’s best friend! Serums are chemically formulated with smaller molecules to enable vitamins, lipids, antioxidants, and high-performance ingredients to penetrate deep into your skin, magnifying these benefits!
- Step 3: Apply Insightful Contour Eye Cream– This is one of the most important steps since most women show their age around their eyes so make sure to add this.
- Step 4: Apply Lumistone Moisture; Moisturizing after a shower is very important because hot water strips all the moisture and oils out of your skin, leaving it parched and dry. While hot water may be relaxing, it also wreaks havoc on your skin. Never skip the moisturizer! The skin on your face, ears, neck and chest are very sensitive to environmental changes so moisturizing adds protection key for skin health.
- Step 5: Lastly, sunscreen!! I use either EltaMD or Skinceuticals SPF30. Regardless of your skin type, you need to apply a full-spectrum sunscreen if you’re going to be outside at all during the day. Make sure to at least use SPF 30. Another tip: Eat 2-3 servings of carrots before going out in the sun for an extra boost of protection!
8 A.M. Makeup time! I use brands such as Hynt Beauty, Vapour, Jouer Cosmetics they’re all vegan and cruelty-free. I always use clean makeup brushes when applying my makeup. I start with my foundation then move to brows to help frame the face. Next, I apply my eye makeup, then move to lips and finish.
8:30 A.M. I like to review my calendar and outline my top 3 priorities that I would like to achieve that day and week. Then meditate for just 10 minutes; this actually helps me get centered with the projects. OO and of course I always have my almond milk caffe latte.
9 A.M. I start on my first priority task with deep concentration until 11 am. I am always playing classical music, which helps increase focus and concentration.
11 A.M. Hop on my email and start responding! I always have a healthy snack with me to help get through emails since I normally receive between 100-200 emails per day. Also during this time the calls with clients are starting to roll-in and it’s really just go time until evening.