Sep. 19 2018
The beauty industry is booming, thanks to social media and your favorite beauty Youtube vloggers. New products are released daily–and, this summer, it seemed like there were more lavish beauty finds being released than ever before. We know discovering a brand new must-have is like snagging the last everything bagel at your local coffee shop–it’s both highly coveted and allusive. So, below, we’ve compiled a list of the most extravagant products from summer 2018.
- Briogeo Rose Quartz Energy Comb. Rose Quartz and crystals, in general, are very trendy right now. They have healing properties, can be used to ease anxious feelings and a quick Google search will show you even more ways to use it. However, did you know you can comb your hair with rose quartz as well? It didn’t take long for someone to try. When this comb hit Sephora, the internet exploded. It clocks in at $160, which is too much for a comb made of glass, but if you want to feel like you’re providing your hair with good energy, more power to you!
- Foreo UFO. If you’re a beauty junkie, you know what the Luna Foreo is–and now, the same company behind that staple has released a very expensive mask treatment. The Foreo UFO Smart Mask Treatment is $279, and it combines a traditional Korean mask with smart technology to give you an at-home facial like you’ve never experienced. Plus, it only takes 90 seconds, which is admittedly incredible.
- Hourglass Caution Mascara. Anything from Hourglass Cosmetics is immediately put into the luxurious and lavish category, and not just because of the price tag. The packaging that Hourglass houses their products in is so beautiful, it makes you feel like you’re treating yourself. This mascara costs $29, which isn’t super extravagant, but is still pricey. The sleek, gold packaging might be worth it though.
- Christian Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Colour. When you hear Christian Louboutin, your mind immediately goes to luxurious. And their beauty products are no different. This summer, the brand continued their promise of producing some of the most beautifully-packaged lipsticks you’ll ever see, and some of the most expensive too, as they cost $90 each. Ouch. This new formula comes in 8 different shades, ranging from nude to deep berry, and, if you want to feel like a queen, you’ll want to get your hands on at least one.
- Estée Lauder Time for the Queen Perfecting Powder Compact by Monica Rich Kosann. If you want something lavish, Estee Lauder & Neiman Marcus are usually good places to start. There are multiple powder compacts on Neiman’s website and, in true Estée form, their own pieces are stunning. This particular collection is in partnership with jewelry designer Monica Rich Kosann and wow, are these compacts pieces of art. They are encrusted with glimmering stones and jewels to create pieces that will last you a lifetime, as the compacts are refillable. The collection was inspired by the fairytales we know and love, so everyone can find something that they cherish. They even have a perfume compact shaped like Alice in Wonderland teacups, and I don’t think it gets much more luxurious than that.